kPoint Customer Success Story
India’s Leading Financial Services Provider
takes a fresh marketing approach with KPOINT!
Over the years, we have built a robust portfolio of digital financial services for our customer engagement & today, video has tremendous potential in transforming customer experiences. We were eager to think beyond conventional solutions and look for something that’s more interactive, engaging, and state-of-the-art. With kPoint video management platform, we reimagined the use of video for enriching customer experiences & unlocked productivity gains.
– Shruti M. R., Head Of Marketing at Bajaj Finserv
A Core Investment Company (CIC) under RBI Regulations, 2020 and founded in May 2007, Bajaj Finserv Limited is a holding company for various financial services businesses under the Bajaj Group. With a customer base of 34.5 million customers, the key service areas include lending, asset management, wealth management, and insurance, with a keen focus on digital banking and service dissemination. The company is amongst India’s leading employers and financial service providers, named among the top 150 companies by the Economic Times 500 in 2014 with a ranking of #119.
A Brief Background
Bajaj Finserv was looking to strengthen its existing video capabilities to aid its sales and marketing efforts. Using YouTube as their main video platform, they faced inherent feature restrictions and limited personalization for large enterprises.
Key Challenges and Use Cases to be Addressed
The company was looking to meet the following business requirements:
- Enhance interactivity – Youtube, the current platform in use, lacked interactivity and support for custom CTAs. To increase customer engagement with videos and increase view-to-click ratios, it wanted to make videos interactive.
- Leverage advanced analytics – To track attribution sources and personalize the CX according to each visitor’s area of interest, viewership analytics data had to be ingested into the internal data mart.
- Simplified Management – The company wanted a solution that would eliminate the need to make changes to the underlying website architecture whenever a video was replaced.
KPOINT conducted close discussions and workshops with the company’s marketing team, assessing the as-is landscape and helped to completely overhaul the company’s video landscape, keeping in mind the company’s vision for a differentiated CX and the potential role of video. This resulted in 1 million+ minutes of video streaming for the company’s customers, leads, and prospects, along with simplified video management and more optimized ad targeting.
Journeying towards a Complete Reimagination
This has revealed opportunities for greater engagement, more effective marketing attribution, and bespoke CTAs for interactivity.
The company transitioned to the KPOINT video management platform, encompassing a variety of features and functionalities.
As a trusted partner, kPoint has an excellent track record of collaborating with our team. We appreciated their approach, which revealed the vital KRAs that would shape the outcomes and expectations from this project. This also meant that the implementation pathway would be seamless with clear goal-setting and quality benchmarking.
– Manisha Bharti, Senior Manager Digital Marketing at Bajaj Finserv
A Holistic Solution for Greater Video Engagement and Smarter CX
Since October 2018, Bajaj Finserv has hosted thousands of videos on its website via the KPOINT video management platform. The key solution components include:
- Video-first website optimization: Building product pages with the KPOINT channel API has reduced efforts around video management, thereby increasing adoption.
- Centralized customer data visibility, tracking, and targeting: To enable user tracking and attribution, KPOINT deployed a cookie integration. With this, data can be mapped against the ID to personalize the website experience and target ads more effectively.
- Embedded video in chat: Videos play a major role in chat conversations. KPOINT videos are embedded in the chat app so that the chatbot can answer with short video snippets (in addition to text) to solve customer queries.
- Cross-linking of social media and video content: Social media integration allows the creation of campaign-based web pages that are directly linked to the video.
- Advanced analytics for strategic insights: Video and related analytics are now tightly coupled with the company’s consolidated repository of assets.
- Unique CTAs for greater interactivity: Finally, custom Call-to-action (CTA) widgets were among the key solution components – users can interact with videos using CTA widgets like the following:
- On-click, open a Bajaj Finserv form to get user input
- Open a new page after video playback ends to get feedback
- Open a TA link at a specific video timestamp
Driving Tangible Benefits with a Lasting Impact
KPOINT revolutionized the video capabilities of Bajaj Finserv and let it reach its full potential. Since implementation, the company has been able to create and upload over a thousand videos, resulting in key benefits for both the internal team as well as the end customer.
The company’s marketing team can now easily upload, edit, and replace videos without making any modifications to the website. They can also directly upload without third-party help or intervention – saving time and increasing video adoption in the long term. Further, the new capabilities enabled by KPOINT meant that videos are more interactive and easier to navigate for website visitors and end customers. For example, customers can easily enter feedback through the embedded CTA link. Thanks to cookie integrations, customers are more likely to see ads that are actually relevant to them.
The key milestones achieved include:
- 1 million+ minutes of interactive video content streamed to prospects
- Enterprise-grade customization beyond one-size-fits-all solutions like YouTube
- Widget-based CTAs added on 70+ videos
- A reduction in the average sales cycle
- More optimized ad targeting, thereby increasing conversion
- 1412 videos created
- 20K+ Streaming Hours
- 1 Mil+ Minute of Interactive Videos
- 70+ CTA widgets added to videos